Sunday 22 April 2012

Back To Reality

After three wonderful weeks with grandparents here, it was back to reality with just the five of us.  Was it busy? Yes!  Was is hard?  At times.  Did we adjust?  Of course.  I think I took a nap almost every day that week to make up for all of the exploring we did the past three weeks.  The hardest time for me was the mornings.  I was quite impressed that day when I had all three kids dressed, fed, and in the car by 8:30 for school.  I do recall a baby feeding on my chest while pouring Cheerios and packing a lunch one day.  And there were times when brushing hair at the kitchen table was necessary to get out the door on time, but we made it.  Here are some moments from that busy week...


1 Month Old

Same size as the teddy bear, but not for long

Checking out the Baby Einstein gym.  Amelia is right there, always.

They wanted to dress up and then play outside.  The funny thing was, Dylan could barely get his Iron Man costume on.  He has grown!  But he wore it anyway.

Iron Man and Buzz Lightyear on their bikes

How do I manage three?  Like so.

This sleeping on the couch thing isn't so bad

Precious

Even more precious

Sweet, sweet big sister

Today was gorgeous weather!  We walked to pick up Dylan from school.

My little princess wanted to give the skateboard a try.  Yes, with a dress on, bow in and pink cowgirl boots on.  She does not have the best balance, so I held her hand and "pulled" her back and forth.  She is a hoot!

The rocking chair put them both right to sleep.

 
My little Mommy helper always wants to hold Cora. 

 
My girls

Bath time. Even "Belle" and Dylan are helping.  If you could only see how small this bathroom really is, you would laugh at the fact that we were all five in there!

Dylan's reading has TAKEN OFF!  It clicks at different times with different kids, and his clicked!  He loves to read, especially to Cora.  We are so proud of him! 

They wanted Mommy to read a story in Amelia's room too.  I love reading to them every night, and I am so glad they love reading too. 

We made it through this week.  The days fly by when I feed Cora every three hours.  The next two weeks, Dylan and Amelia are off school.  It will be nice to take it slow in the mornings, but we are going to have to stay busy.  We'll have some Easter fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment