Wednesday 8 August 2012

Cora's Big Day

On Sunday, July 1st, we were all awake around 5:00 a.m. That wasn't too bad for our first morning of the 6 hour time difference.  I spent most of the morning getting our suitcases unpacked.  The kids played with all of the toys they missed at Grandpa and Gigi's house.  My mom had everything ready to host Cora's baptism party.  We were expecting over 60 people.

It was a special day not only because Cora was getting baptized into the Catholic Church, but also because she was being introduced to the rest of our family.  Just like Dylan and Amelia, Cora wore the same Christening gown that I did as a baby and the same overcoat to the gown that Eric wore when he was baptized.  My sister, Carrie, and Eric's brother, Tim are her Godparents.  Almost ten years ago, Tim and Carrie stood by our side in this same church as our best man and maid of honor as we were married.  It was a special day indeed!
Dylan seeing his cousin, Reed after 6 months!  Pure excitement and love!

Aunt Becca helping us get Cora ready

My blue eyed girl is so precious!

My favorite part was that Dylan and Amelia stood with us during the ceremony. 
They were excited to see their baby sister get baptized.

Cora did not make a peep the entire time.  She was a perfect angel!








Cora with her Godparents, Aunt Carrie and Uncle Tim




The Trost Family

The Hefley Family

The Hefley Family (take 2)

Great-Grandma Reed and Cora



Dylan and his Godmother, Aunt Emily

The Trost Siblings and Cora

  

Amelia, Conner, Reed, Dylan, Graham, and Samantha
I love how Graham hung with the "big kids" all week!

Vivienne was such a great help with the kids!
Brooks wanted to be with the big boys too!

Sweet Lily had so much fun with all of her cousins!

Stretching out with Aunt Emily and Aunt Michelle while Mommy opened gifts

My Godparents, Aunt Cathy and Uncle Tony
Cora is wearing the same Christening gown I wore when they held me at my baptism 33 years ago.





Cora was welcomed into the church family with such a wonderful day full of celebration!
Cora met 55 new faces on this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment